Definition of skyrocket in English:
A rocket designed to explode high in the air as a signal or firework.
- The crowd at St Heliers Bay was a rowdy bunch that year, with music, alcohol, fireworks, skyrockets and copious amounts of police.
- The album opens with a string of potential singles, lined up to be launched like skyrockets.
- With tailored suits and ties as bright as a skyrocket, he's the Dapper Don.
verb (skyrockets, skyrocketing, skyrocketed)[no object] informal Back to top
(Of a price, rate, or amount) increase very steeply or rapidly: the cost of the welfare system has skyrocketed
More example sentences
- Grind and roast those beans, and the value skyrockets more than 10 times, to $18 a kilo.
- The entertainment level just skyrockets on that second viewing.
- As tuition skyrockets, financial aid has become as elusive as that needle in the proverbial haystack.
Definition of skyrocket in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.