Definition of skyrocket in English:
A rocket designed to explode high in the air as a signal or firework.
- The crowd at St Heliers Bay was a rowdy bunch that year, with music, alcohol, fireworks, skyrockets and copious amounts of police.
- The album opens with a string of potential singles, lined up to be launched like skyrockets.
- With tailored suits and ties as bright as a skyrocket, he's the Dapper Don.
verb (skyrockets, skyrocketing, skyrocketed)[no object] informal Back to top
(Of a price, rate, or amount) increase very steeply or rapidly: the cost of the welfare system has skyrocketed
More example sentences
- Grind and roast those beans, and the value skyrockets more than 10 times, to $18 a kilo.
- The entertainment level just skyrockets on that second viewing.
- As tuition skyrockets, financial aid has become as elusive as that needle in the proverbial haystack.
Words that rhyme with skyrocketairpocket • pickpocket
Definition of skyrocket in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India