- (also skywards) Towards the sky: flames were now shooting skywardMore example sentences
- Sodden and anxious, riverbank dwellers gazed skywards as the heavens opened.
- Taiyou embraced the girl for a few moments, turning her head skywards towards the Eternal Star.
- Reporters, microphones in hand, gazed skywards.
adjectiveBack to top
- Moving or directed towards the sky: the city was heavily guarded by skyward laser batteriesMore example sentences
- It's an exhilarating experience: crisp, high-altitude air, fresh powder, the search for grip as the snow makes a skyward plume in your wake.
- But Irish motorists have been spared the worst effects of oil prices' skyward journey.
More definitions of skywardDefinition of skyward in:
- The US English dictionary