Definition of slacklining in English:
The activity or sport of balancing on a rope or strip of webbing that is fixed high above the ground but not stretched so as to be taut: slacklining in Cheddar Gorge has been banned until new rules covering insurance come into force
More example sentences
- Mr Ritson holds both British slacklining records.
- The sport has caught on at the University of Utah, where arboreal slacklining had to be banned and special poles set up.
- Most climbers won't try slacklining at high altitudes.
- Example sentences
- Mr Ritson is a leading 'slackliner', a sport in which the cable is looser than a tightrope.
- A slackliner walks on webbing stretched above the streets of the old town of Lublin during the summer Festival of Circus Art.
- Most students have been lucky enough to witness the slackliners in action at OSU.
Definition of slacklining in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia