• informal , chiefly North American
- 1Exciting and energetic: a slam-bang action cartoonMore example sentences
- It may make for slam-bang entertainment in the film industry's home state.
- One more ounce of metaphysics and it would have been stupid; one less ounce, it would have been empty slam-bang eye candy.
- There are no such problems here; from the film's slam-bang opening, to its brilliant closing moments, there's not a wasted shot or scene.
- 1.1With no niceties, subtleties, or restraints; direct and forceful: the slam-bang world of daily journalismMore example sentences
- Greener-grass suspicions aside, the comment refreshed for me this good old view of America, one usually yoked to the very slam-bang action and bustling small-town communities avoided by the director.
- The slam-bang boredom created by these glorified grunge grunts is almost unlistenable.
- And those consequences, thanks to some slam-bang special effects, are completely devastating.
adverbBack to top
- Suddenly and forcefully or violently: I walked slam-bang into this characterMore example sentences
- On Friday, though, for all its colour, flair and energy, his playing was often incoherent, self-indulgent and slam-bang crass.
More definitions of slam-bangDefinition of slam-bang in:
- The US English dictionary