- 1 (usually the slammer) • informal Prison: if he had lived, he’d be in the slammer todayMore example sentences
- Not even Judge Whitten, we hope, would throw a 6-year-old girl in the slammer for writing a book report.
- Community service was firmly out of the question, and he was sent to the slammer for 10 years, eventually being transferred to Alcatraz.
- The guy broke out of the slammer and shot her at point blank range.
- 2chiefly North American A person who deliberately collides with others when slam-dancing: a bit further back the slammers and bashers danced, shoved, tussledMore example sentences
- The slammers and hip-hoppers doubtless would find this collection hopelessly literary.
- They rate the slammers on performance, content and overall vibe.
- 3 (also tequila slammer) A cocktail made with tequila and champagne or another fizzy drink, which is covered, slammed on the table, and then drunk in one.More example sentences
- At the recent Hull Jazz Festival, tickets for Los Pacaminos sold out with the speed of a tequila slammer.
- We ordered the Meze all round several bottles of Retsina and some Ouzo slammers.
- You get cool techno vibes with your vodka or tequila slammers.
More definitions of slammerDefinition of slammer in:
- The US English dictionary