- (Of a spoken statement) false and malicious: slanderous allegationsMore example sentences
defamatory, denigratory, disparaging, derogatory, libellous, pejorative, false, untrue, lying, misrepresentative, damaging, injurious, scurrilous, scandalous, poisonous, vicious, opprobrious, malicious, abusive, insulting• informal dirty, mud-slinging• rare calumnious, calumniatory, aspersive, aspersory
- I'm not going to miss the mud-slinging, slanderous, nasty ads on the radio.
- Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.
- Prudie only mentions this because to repeat such an accusation, should it be untrue, would be slanderous.
- More example sentences
- However, some of what are slanderously called ‘illegal settlements’ on the West Bank are really resettlements of areas populated by Jews.
- Modern apologists slanderously depict the Meccan heathens as fanatics intolerant of Mohammed's innovative cult.
- You might expect it would have been for slanderously questioning King's integrity.