Definition of slanderous in English:
(Of a spoken statement) false and malicious: slanderous allegations
More example sentences
- I'm not going to miss the mud-slinging, slanderous, nasty ads on the radio.
- Posting of slanderous, libelous, abusive or defamatory material is totally prohibited.
- Prudie only mentions this because to repeat such an accusation, should it be untrue, would be slanderous.
defamatory, denigratory, disparaging, derogatory, libellous, pejorative, false, untrue, lying, misrepresentative, damaging, injurious, scurrilous, scandalous, poisonous, vicious, opprobrious, malicious, abusive, insulting
informal dirty, mud-slinging
rare calumnious, calumniatory, aspersive, aspersory
- Example sentences
- However, some of what are slanderously called ‘illegal settlements’ on the West Bank are really resettlements of areas populated by Jews.
- Modern apologists slanderously depict the Meccan heathens as fanatics intolerant of Mohammed's innovative cult.
- You might expect it would have been for slanderously questioning King's integrity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.