adjective & adverb
- At an angle or in a sloping direction: [as adjective]: a slantwise glance [as adverb]: the bird veers and drops slantwise towards the woodMore example sentences
- The most controversial and dramatic elements of the building, the 14 thermal chimneys. are clearly related to the pilaster-like piers by patinated aluminium bronze plate ducts which run slantwise across the roof slope.
- Horses jammed the ford over the stream; Michael crossed above them, galloping slantwise across the slope after the belling pack, stretched low on his horse's neck to clear the branches.
- Rain is slashing slantwise, mixing with spray from waves smashing into jetty walls.
More definitions of slantwiseDefinition of slantwise in:
- The US English dictionary