- A style of playing double bass or bass guitar by pulling and releasing the strings sharply against the fingerboard, used for effect in jazz or popular music: it was the blues solo that used to provide feats of dexterity for the exhibitionist, now it’s slap bassMore example sentences
- But that doesn't quite capture how alien sounding it actually is - it isn't quite funk, but it is funky, full of slap bass, slashing guitar riffs and loads of percussion.
- The club was a cacophony of down tuned guitars, slap bass and the drummer's double kick.
- So maybe he'll do the rounds and give us a slap bass solo next!
More definitions of slap bassDefinition of slap bass in:
- The US English dictionary