- 1Any of various tools for cutting wood: the three-man slasher cut the log into eight-foot lengths a mechanical slasherMore example sentences
- In turn this material is transformed into horticultural tools such as slashers, axes, jembes (local digging tools) and other tools and items such as chisels, bicycle carriers and kitchen utensils.
- The teenager learnt his trade in the rough rugged country of inland Taranaki, lugging theodolites, slashers and supplies, locating and cutting lines through dense undergrowth and heavy virgin bush.
- Up until the middle of last century farmers were limited to cutting the hedges back with a hand slasher.
- 2 (also slasher film) A horror film, especially one depicting a series of violent murders or assaults by an attacker armed with a knife or razor.More example sentences
- At the same time it's a slasher film, a brutal thriller, and deeply moving tragedy.
- Thai horror films tend to follow the structure of a slasher film.
- What is important for our purposes is the connection between the masked killer in the slasher film and the notion of the disappearing body.
- 3US A sporting competitor who is quick and agile: he’s more of a slasher and rebounder than a jump shooterMore example sentences
- The Broncos look for a certain type of tailback, one who is quick, is a slasher with some power, has good hands as a receiver, and is versatile.
- Hill is a slasher who averages 5.7 free-throw attempts.
- I'm a shooter more than a slasher, but I can definitely get to the basket.
More definitions of slasherDefinition of slasher in:
- The US English dictionary