Definition of slatternly in English:
(Of a woman or her appearance) dirty and untidy: a slatternly housekeeper
More example sentences
- One is smart but ill at ease; one is slatternly but gorgeous.
- A most fitting tribute for such a slatternly housekeeper.
- Housework in the 1950s was also a big deal, and I say that not with the slatternly view that not all dirt is a bad thing, but rather in admiration.
- Example sentences
- We are talking midweek kitchen suppers here, not grand dinner parties, so the sight of a pan in the middle of the table should not cause too much tut-tutting and accusations of kitchen slatternliness.
- They have evidently chosen their clothes with great care, for such gaudy slatternliness is not natural.
- The room in fact was as depressing from its slatternliness as from its atmosphere of erudition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan