- A ship transporting slaves, especially one carrying slaves from Africa.More example sentences
- Well, the world focused on West Africa for more than a week as a reputed slave ship carrying as many as 250 children was reported off the coast.
- Then came an offer from some planters for Crusoe to act as a trader on a slave ship bound for Africa.
- In 1839, the Spanish slave ship Amistad set sail from Havana, Cuba, to the Island of Principe with 53 Africans aboard including Joseph Cinque, an African prince.
More definitions of slave shipDefinition of slave ship in:
- The US English dictionary