- 1Scottish Artfully flattering or ingratiating.More example sentences
- The Scottish National Party leader's sleekit charm and verbal fluency have long wowed commentators who visit Scotland only during the Edinburgh festival.
- 1.1Sly or cunning: his sleekit public image is going to make permanent fame a daunting challengeMore example sentences
- He took a sleekit decision, in secret, to raid pension funds, costing millions of Scots billions of pounds.
- Their old feeding grounds have been colonised by a new breed of slippery and sleekit new Labourites which are simply too fast and too nimble for the lumbering old Conservatus.
- "They have done this closure in the most sleekit way," says Thomas Callender, who has worked at the Fullarton plant for eight years.
early 16th century: from sleek.