1A knob or lever which is moved horizontally or vertically to control a variable, such as the volume of a radio.
- The player contains the expected transport controls as well as sliders for volume and balance, or pan position.
- This was fixed by converting the gear lever to operation via an electrical slider controlled from the handlebars.
- ‘And a bit unnerving for the rest of us,’ said Reg from the vast bank of sliders and other controls.
3A North American freshwater turtle with a red or yellow patch on the side of the head.
- Genus Trachemys (or Pseudemys), family Emydidae: several species, in particular the pond slider (T. scripta). See also cooter
- The pond slider has expanded its range through the careless release of pets into the wild.
- The red-ear slider turtle named Lucky is the only survivor of about 150 animals.
- Lillian's fascination with turtles began at age nine, when she received a red-eared slider as a pet.
4 Baseball A pitch that moves laterally as it nears home plate.
- In the game, Cheney threw 228 pitches, including fastballs, knucklers, sliders and curveballs.
- The difference now, though, is Reichert is more willing to rely on his fastball and save the slider for his out pitch.
- He hasn't had great control of his slider, and a few hanging changeups have been hit for homers.
Words that rhyme with sliderchider, cider, divider, eider, glider, Guider, Haida, hider, Ida, insider, Oneida, outsider, provider, rider, Ryder, Saida, spider, strider, stridor
Definition of slider in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.