- A scale of fees, taxes, wages, etc. that varies in accordance with the variation of a particular standard: the winners are paid on a sliding scale according to how many previous meetings they have ridden atMore example sentences
- It charges corporate income tax on a sliding scale, dependent upon a company's in-state sales.
- However, they may still charge a sliding scale early encashment penalty.
- It's a sliding scale which varies according to the individual's level of trust in God.
More definitions of sliding scaleDefinition of sliding scale in:
- The US English dictionary