- A seat able to slide to and fro on runners, especially one in a racing rowing boat used to adjust the length of a stroke.More example sentences
- The 24-foot identical plywood boats are fitted internally to the crews' own preference but predominantly using the same sliding seat and sculling oars that operate in standard rowing boats.
- Each boat contains a crew of two and each crew rows an identical 7.1 metre boat that includes two sliding seats and the same sculling oars as used in standard rowing boats.
- The event is a sliding seat coxed four and the rowers must have some use of legs, trunk and arms,.
More definitions of sliding seatDefinition of sliding seat in:
- The US English dictionary