- 1To a small degree; not considerably: he lowered his voice slightly [as submodifier]: they are all slightly differentMore example sentences
- I took some snaps on the way home last night which show the city in a slightly different light.
- Every rally has a slightly different character but this is very much one on its own.
- He took a slightly different approach from those who've converted cars in the past.
- 2(With reference to a person’s build) in a slender way: a slightly built girlMore example sentences
- In appearance he is slightly built, graceful and neat to a degree.
- But this slightly built 52-year-old is a true giant of world distance running.