The manufacture of ceramic ware by allowing slip to solidify in a mould.
- Unlike tin-glazed earthenware, white salt-glazed stoneware was ideally suited to slip casting and press molding into intricate shapes, and plaster of Paris greatly facilitated these processes.
- I was so interested to learn that porcelain was discovered during the Ming Dynasty in China and that Marco Polo's team is accredited with bringing the skills of slip casting to the West.
- The techniques of pinching, coiling, extruding, molding, slip casting, and slab work are illustrated with full-color photos.
- Example sentences
- I work in slip-cast porcelain, so the colour of the clay is the final colour.
- Now on show at the Lismore Regional Art Gallery, the exhibition features polished, slip-cast porcelain that has been stained in varying shades of blue.
- In her midsize pieces incorporating high-relief slip-cast figures in friezes or spiraling compositions, Frey depicted narratives in which embattled figures embody the abuses of power.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: slip cast|ing
Definition of slip casting in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.