Definition of slipover in English:
A pullover, typically one without sleeves.
- When it was cold, knee length, turned over socks and woollen jerseys were worn, whilst in the summer short sleeved shirts and Fair Isle slipovers were popular.
- These slipovers are also highly durable and are great for rental costumes.
- Hosiery constitutes 22% of import (mostly from China), slipovers, jackets, and sweaters - 17%, and knitwear polo shirts, tee-shirts, and underwaists - 16%.
adjectiveBack to top
(slip-over) Denoting a garment designed to be put on over the head: a slip-over sweater
More example sentences
- The little slipover number fit beautifully, although my friend didn't remember her mother ever wearing it.
- The present invention relates as indicated to slipover headrest pillows in general and to an easily assembled and installed slipover headrest pillow assembly in particular.
- Buy this lambswool Slipover Jumper online from the top brands.
Definition of slipover in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.