adjective (slippier, slippiest)informal
Slippery: the towpath was slippy with mud slippy tyres
More example sentences
- Some natural floor coverings are unsuitable for stairs as they can become polished and slippy with use.
- He told the Gazette: ‘It was a bit misty on top, a bit boggy and the rocks were a bit slippy as well, but the mist cleared.’
- We were very shocked when we arrived I have no idea how he managed to stay up there because the roof was damp and very slippy.
- Example sentences
- And varying chemical groups and molecular weight can tweak the viscosity and slippiness of the product.
- With regards to the slippiness of the stainless, will it be any more slippy than a tiled floor?
- She asked if the road was bad, and I said I hadn't felt any slippiness yet, but was driving with extra caution.
Words that rhyme with slippychippy, clippie, dippy, drippy, grippy, hippy, Lippi, lippy, Mississippi, nippy, snippy, tippy, trippy, whippy, Xanthippe, zippy
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: slippy
Definition of slippy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.