Definition of sloppy joe in English:
1A long, loose-fitting sweater.
- It was my decision to dress like that but. I probably got away with the jeans and the sloppy joes and the T-shirts and checked shirts for six months.
- You get tempting green frocks, shimmering silver shifts, and retro-'80s black-and-primary-colour striped sloppy joes.
- He wore a black-hooded sloppy joe with white writing across the front, grey shirt, black tracksuit pants and white joggers.
2North American A hamburger in which the minced-beef filling is made into a kind of meat sauce, typically with tomatoes and spices.
- Burgers could take a dozen different forms, while meatloaves, pizza, cabbage rolls, meat pies, sloppy joes, tortilla wraps and stuffed peppers (not to speak of other stuffed vegetables) would round out the month.
- Now when it comes to cooking I can only do three things, chili, sloppy joes, and taco meat.
- Or pick up some crumbled soy - which resembles hamburger but without the possibility of E. coli - and turn it into spaghetti sauce or sloppy joes.
Definition of sloppy joe in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.