Definition of sloppy joe in English:
1A long, loose-fitting sweater.
- It was my decision to dress like that but. I probably got away with the jeans and the sloppy joes and the T-shirts and checked shirts for six months.
- You get tempting green frocks, shimmering silver shifts, and retro-'80s black-and-primary-colour striped sloppy joes.
- He wore a black-hooded sloppy joe with white writing across the front, grey shirt, black tracksuit pants and white joggers.
2North American A hamburger in which the minced-beef filling is made into a kind of meat sauce, typically with tomatoes and spices.
- Burgers could take a dozen different forms, while meatloaves, pizza, cabbage rolls, meat pies, sloppy joes, tortilla wraps and stuffed peppers (not to speak of other stuffed vegetables) would round out the month.
- Now when it comes to cooking I can only do three things, chili, sloppy joes, and taco meat.
- Or pick up some crumbled soy - which resembles hamburger but without the possibility of E. coli - and turn it into spaghetti sauce or sloppy joes.
Definition of sloppy joe in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan