- The action of showing film or playing back video more slowly than it was made or recorded, so that the action appears much slower than in real life: the scene was shown in slow motion [as modifier]: a slow-motion sequenceMore example sentences
- When you watch goals back on video, especially those slow-motion replays, everything appears to happen so much more slowly than it does.
- As the music blared, he watched approvingly as the screen played a slow-motion video.
- Finally, what would an action movie be without slow-motion action sequences?
More definitions of slow motionDefinition of slow motion in:
- The US English dictionary