nounNorth American • informal
- A landlord of slum property, typically one who charges extortionate rents.More example sentences
- ‘I'm convinced that it's the first time this city will have a real plan of action against slums and slumlords,’ says Prescott, who believes it'll take some imagination and, of course, some cash.
- Enforcement of minimum sanitary and housing codes in many cities, along with massive abandonment of properties by slumlords, also forced extensive demolition of low-income rental housing.
- Meanwhile, housing demand goes up, housing supply goes unchanged, rents go up and quality goes down - thanks to all the slumlords who are renting illegally because the city won't let them do so legally.
More definitions of slumlordDefinition of slumlord in:
- The US English dictionary