- A covered way between a cathedral transept and the chapter house or deanery.More example sentences
- The entrance from the slype into the cloister and the layout of the stairs is discussed further below.
- Fr. Thomas is busy replanting the area around the new slype that had been dug up by construction.
- Adjoining the S transept is the slype, a long narrow passage that was formerly covered by a barrel vault.
mid 19th century: perhaps a variant of dialect slipe 'long narrow piece of ground'.
More definitions of slypeDefinition of slype in:
- The US English dictionary