noun(the small hours)
- The early hours of the morning after midnight: she returned in the small hoursMore example sentences
- Got home very late from LA last night, and sat in the small hours of the morning, listening to it three or four times over.
- The attack, which took place in the small hours of Monday morning, hit GM maize growing in the farm's research fields.
- It says a lot for the game that people around the world still go to such lengths to catch the game, watching until the small hours of Monday morning.
More definitions of small hoursDefinition of small hours in:
- The US English dictionary