- A reed-like grass which grows in damp woods and marshes in temperate regions.
More example sentences
- Genus Calamagrostis, family Gramineae
- The banks of the canal have large stands of common reed and common clubrush together with purple small-reed and narrow small-reed.
- Wood small-reed is often considered to be a weed species in standard woodlands management, and is often removed from plantation areas as it can out-compete the young trees.
- Narrow small-reed is a grass species that has never been recorded in the island of Ireland apart from on the shores of Lough Neagh and Lough Beg.