- A grey metallic mineral consisting chiefly of cobalt arsenide, typically occurring as cubic or octahedral crystals.More example sentences
- Associated minerals in the high-grade veins are calcite, ‘smaltite,’ nicoline, bismuth, and lesser pyrargyrite, proustite, acanthite, millerite, and chalcopyrite.
- It usually occurs in the form of a compound with its most common minerals being cobaltite, smaltite, chloranthite, and linnaeite.
- Cobalt is found in the minerals cobaltite, smaltite and erythrite.
mid 19th century: from smaltine (a rare word with the same sense) + -ite1.
More definitions of smaltiteDefinition of smaltite in:
- The US English dictionary