- An electricity supply network that uses digital communications technology to detect and react to local changes in usage: smart grids are a key component in the EU energy strategyMore example sentences
- Utilities can protect their smart grids with the right security architecture, which requires unique, standards-based security built into every network node and device.
- Such meters are mainly used in smart grids, in which a power station gets real-time information about demand across a region and can alter its output accordingly.
- I am very confident that the next generation of mobile devices and the next generation of smart grids will actually be evolving in India.
More definitions of smart gridDefinition of smart grid in:
- The US English dictionary