- A home equipped with lighting, heating, and electronic devices that can be controlled remotely by smartphone or computer: you can contact your smart home on the Internet to make sure the dinner is cooked, the central heating is on, the curtains are drawn, and a gas fire is roaring in the grate when you get homeMore example sentences
- Telling your house to turn on the lights or record a TV programme may be the ultimate high-tech luxury, but for elderly and disabled people voice-operated smart homes could dramatically improve quality of life.
- Designers might think the aged will need smart homes to make their lives easier, but it's the simple things like can openers that really count.
- Not surprisingly, perhaps, younger people expressed more enthusiasm for smart homes than older people.
More definitions of smart homeDefinition of smart home in:
- The US English dictionary