- 1Money bet or invested by people with expert knowledge: the smart money in entertainment is invested in copyrightMore example sentences
- The thing about what you were talking about, Carrie, I think is very apt, because the stocks had a huge year actually, last year, and a big year up to the hurricanes and then smart money, the hot money sold out.
- But Web-based start-ups thrive not on easy money but on smart money.
- Former England defender Stuart Pearce and Wigan's manager Paul Jewell are two names where smart money is being invested at the moment.
- 1.1Knowledgeable people collectively: the smart money in music programming is abandoning popMore example sentences
- This is where the smart money goes for gentle breaks savoured over sublime afternoon latte and delicate cakes.
- They're hushing it up, but the smart money is on Hogan's ribs being broken.
- So the smart money is on The Sun, which is suffering an unaccustomed bout of indecision as to whom to support.
More definitions of smart moneyDefinition of smart money in:
- The US English dictionary