noun(the smart set)
- Fashionable people considered as a group: a farce about sexual imbroglio among the smart set of Bel Air [as modifier]: a snooty Oxbridge smart-set snobMore example sentences
- The movie takes place in the social context of fast money, smart-set villains, gilded gambling houses, and late-night powder snorting.
- I think that spirit is present in the new show as well, which will make it unpopular among the smart set in Europe, and the object of much cassette-smuggling in Tehran.
- Santayana was an Anglophiliac and pandered shamelessly to aristocrats and the smart set.
More definitions of smart setDefinition of smart set in:
- The US English dictionary