noun (plural smarties)• informal
- 1A know-all.More example sentences
- What I said was ‘I hadn't heard about one of them ’, but I presume some subeditor was being a smarty and thought my grammar was bad and that I meant ‘I hadn't heard about any of them’.
- He is too brash, too much of a smarty, for some of his colleagues.
- She is a smarty, answers back to me (especially when her father is not around) and is exceptionally wilful.
More definitions of smartyDefinition of smarty in:
- The US English dictionary