adjective (smellier, smelliest)
Having a strong or unpleasant smell: smelly feet
More example sentences
- This month Jacquie loses her luggage, and deals with the problem of team members with smelly feet
- Meanwhile, others take bags full of clothes and end up sweaty, smelly and dishevelled.
- For weeks, the residents and passing pedestrians have had to put up with dozens of smelly rubbish bags lying around.
foul-smelling, evil-smelling, stinking, stinking to high heaven, reeking, fetid, malodorous, pungent, acrid, rank, putrid, noxious;
West Indian fresh
North American informal funky
- More example sentences
- I smell because I have damp jeans on (airing cupboards don't work!) and the smelliness of the house is now transferring on to me.
- There was a thread awhile back in which someone said putting a dryer sheet inside each sandal, and then storing them in a plastic bag overnight, will get rid of the smelliness, and it does indeed work for me.