(also smithers /ˈsmɪðəz/)
- Small pieces: a grenade blew him to smithereensMore example sentences
- The Golden Dragon is blown into smithereens and pieces of the cargo ship lands into the water after being blown sky high.
- We can watch movies, in which hundreds of people get blown to smithereens.
- It would also be legal to use force to enter their house/apartment/hotel room and set about smashing their stereo to smithereens with a hurley.
early 19th century: probably from Irish smidirín.
More definitions of smithereensDefinition of smithereens in:
- The US English dictionary