- A yellow, grey, or green mineral consisting of zinc carbonate typically occurring as crusts or rounded masses.More example sentences
- Masses of pale green botryoidal smithsonite in cavities to 5 cm have been found in ore stockpiled on the dump immediately east of the decline portal.
- Earlier descriptions indicate that many carloads of beautiful green smithsonite were shipped from this mine as high-grade zinc ore.
- Pseudomorphs of smithsonite after calcite crystals have been reported from this locality.
More definitions of smithsoniteDefinition of smithsonite in:
- The US English dictionary