- Decoration on a garment created by gathering a section of the material into tight pleats and holding them together with parallel stitches in an ornamental pattern.More example sentences
- The latest fad in the world of fashion is to go in for fusion wears, which is an intricate mix of conventional patterns with contemporary smocking.
- The stitchers display dazzling skill and finesse, creating textured surfaces of petit point, needlepoint, beading, embroidery, appliqué, smocking and macramé.
- Scallop-edged eyelet and smocking provide a summery look, regardless of the season.
More definitions of smockingDefinition of smocking in:
- The US English dictionary