- A chimney or funnel for discharging smoke from a locomotive, ship, factory, etc..More example sentences
- Jutting from the murky orange sunset behind them, the cathedral's three steeples, flanked by the cupola of the old colonial garrison and the little dome of the city hall, tower over the masts and the smokestacks of ships at anchor.
- Instead of viaducts and smokestacks, the dockside arts complex that bears his name is built with shards of sunlight and steel.
- He changed power-plant rules affecting emissions, a move favored by industry, and has balked at forcing big ships to clean their smokestack pollutants.
More definitions of smokestackDefinition of smokestack in:
- The US English dictionary