noun (plural smokos)Australian /NZ • informal
- A rest from work for a smoke; a tea break.More example sentences
- It was supposed to be working, but the construction team was on a smoko and it was resting.
- Ten years ago you used to have awards that specified smokos - you know, start, smoko, morning tea, lunch, afternoon smoko, finish.
- Peter Costello said that it's time they traded away lunch breaks, time they traded away smokos, time they traded away coffee breaks.
More definitions of smokoDefinition of smoko in:
- The US English dictionary