- A semi-precious variety of quartz ranging in colour from light greyish brown to nearly black.More example sentences
- Quartz is colourless when pure but minute amounts of impurities or lattice imperfections give rise to varieties such as amethyst, cairngorm, rose quartz, and smoky quartz.
- They collected several pegmatite pockets in which topaz was associated with both clear and smoky quartz, microcline, albite, muscovite, fluorite, and cassiterite.
- Blue hexagonal beryl crystals and colorless, pale green, or blue topaz are found in cavities associated with microcline, smoky quartz, tourmaline, and, rarely, fluorite.
More definitions of smoky quartzDefinition of smoky quartz in:
- The US English dictionary