Definition of smoothie in English:
1 informal A man with a smooth, suave manner: a smoothie with an eye for a pretty girl
More example sentences
- He was a suave smoothie who sang about relationships with a mixture of wisdom and regret.
- So this centre offers the delicious prospect of a group of Tories, backed by the realistic and Labour-voting working class, in passionate opposition to the irresponsible metropolitan smoothies within their own party.
- No doubt George Clooney, Pierce Brosnan and other smoothies will pester their agents to get the part, while old-timers like Omar Sharif might see it as a suitable way to round off a long career.
2A thick, smooth drink of fresh fruit pureed with milk, yogurt, or ice cream.
- It is fully equipped to make ice cream drinks, frozen fruit smoothies and coffee drinks.
- Since we had 40 minutes to spare before dinner, we went to a Vienna Beef shack not far from the campus, and enjoyed strawberry and banana smoothies that really cooled us off in the balmy early spring evening.
- I went round to my 80-year old neighbour's last year, and threw out all her gin bottles and filled her fridge with organic smoothies, much better for her really.
Definition of smoothie in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia