Definition of smutty in English:
adjective (smuttier, smuttiest)
(Of talk, writing, or pictures) obscene or lascivious: smutty jokes
More example sentences
- Like all successful infomercials he uses sexual desire to sell his product, with the animators relishing in the opportunity to create smutty and suggestive scenes.
- The lyrics to this very hummable song are extremely naughty, not smutty or crude, just enjoyably naughty.
- Last year a bunch of staff at The New York Times were fired for sending ‘offensive’ and smutty emails.
vulgar, dirty, rude, filthy, crude, offensive, salacious, coarse, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, X-rated, risqué, racy, broad, earthy, bawdy, Rabelaisian, spicy, suggestive, titillating, improper, naughty, indelicate, indecorous, ribald, off colour, locker-room
informal blue, raunchy
North American informal gamy
- smuttily adverb
- Example sentences
- Educate them early by talking openly, but not smuttily or guiltily, about the pleasures of the flesh.
- It would seem that this is the moment Ron's been waiting for all episode as he gets to be smuttily punny in front of a huge group of people.
- Do you find yourself gazing longingly and rather smuttily at Cheetara as she disports in her tight-fitting leotard?
- Example sentences
- The play was virtually unseen for 200 years, cast off for smuttiness and ‘perversity’.
- Ronnie Barker was brilliant with the English language whereas today's comedians have to rely on crudeness, smuttiness and sexual innuendo to raise a laugh.
- Censorship is the cause of smuttiness, in the past inhibited, combined with an uneducated population who are ignorant, and sometimes, very frightened of their own natural sexual behaviour.
Words that rhyme with smuttybutty, cutty, gutty, nutty, puttee, putty, rutty
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.