Definition of snaggle-tooth in English:
1 (plural snaggle-teeth) An irregular or projecting tooth.
- I hope you and your crooked little snaggle-teeth are laughing all the way to the bank right now.
- The next time I look at the man, he's baring a snaggle-tooth grin, eyeing my body appreciatively.
- Would you date a girl that had snaggle-teeth?
2 (plural snaggle-tooths) A small deep-sea fish with large fangs at the front of the jaws and a number of light-emitting organs on the body.
- Family Astronesthidae: several genera and species
- He thought it to be a stomiatiod-like fish: that is, an advanced teleost represented today by deep sea snaggle-tooths and dragon mouths.
- Example sentences
- Flabby, snaggle-toothed Phil lives in a graffiti-scarred apartment block with his tense, bird-like wife Penny, his surly, overweight son Rory and his shy, overweight daughter Rachel.
- If the teeth bothered him, it didn't show - he was constantly flashing his snaggle-toothed smile, as if daring people to point out the gaps.
- She turned quickly, and there was bug-eyed, mullet-haired Tick standing with a smug, snaggle-toothed grin.
Definition of snaggle-tooth in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan