Definition of snake dance in English:
A dance in which the performers handle live snakes or imitate the motions of snakes, in particular a ritual dance of the North American Hopi Indians involving the handling of live rattlesnakes.
- One of the employees, draped in a sari, performed a snake dance, which enthralled the audience all through.
- However, specific to Bangladesh are indigenous dances such as dhali, baul, maipuri, and snake dances.
verbBack to top
(snake-dance) [no object] Perform a snake dance: he had them join hands and snake-dance in a long line around the lot
More example sentences
- Almost all of the rest of the students snake-danced at the rear of the exuberant parade.
- Following the ceremony the students again snake-danced their way down Linden Lane and on to Boston proper where they once again celebrated the momentous Boston College victory.
- After the game, as the Princeton fans snake-danced around the field, tossing their hats over the goalposts in celebration of Princeton's 20 to 0 victory, the Philadelphia councilmen hurried to the Princeton dressing rooms to thank Roper for the marvelous arrangements he had made for them.
Definition of snake dance in:
- US English dictionary