Definition of snake dance in English:
A dance in which the performers handle live snakes or imitate the motions of snakes, in particular a ritual dance of the North American Hopi Indians involving the handling of live rattlesnakes.
- One of the employees, draped in a sari, performed a snake dance, which enthralled the audience all through.
- However, specific to Bangladesh are indigenous dances such as dhali, baul, maipuri, and snake dances.
verbBack to top
(snake-dance) [no object] Perform a snake dance: he had them join hands and snake-dance in a long line around the lot
More example sentences
- Almost all of the rest of the students snake-danced at the rear of the exuberant parade.
- Following the ceremony the students again snake-danced their way down Linden Lane and on to Boston proper where they once again celebrated the momentous Boston College victory.
- After the game, as the Princeton fans snake-danced around the field, tossing their hats over the goalposts in celebration of Princeton's 20 to 0 victory, the Philadelphia councilmen hurried to the Princeton dressing rooms to thank Roper for the marvelous arrangements he had made for them.
Definition of snake dance in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan