plural noun[treated as singular] North American informal
1A throw of two ones with a pair of dice.
- If a player now rolls snake eyes, then that player is ‘entitled’ to lose a turn.
- Would you please advise me what the probability is of rolling snake eyes on a pair of dice is?
- The term snake eyes is the outcome of rolling the dice in a game of craps and getting only one pip on each die.
1.1The worst possible result; a complete lack of success: his elegant, amusing book sadly came up snake eyes
More example sentences
- The two Alexandres initially sought out a larger, industrial space, but what with zoning laws and such, they came up snake eyes.
- I looked for Michael Bay's name on the credits but came up snake eyes.
- His attempts come up snake eyes - maybe it's just me, but I can't stand Thomas' overwrought acting style (he seems to play everything as if he's working on a community college production).
Definition of snake eyes in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.