(also snake-rail fence)
- A fence made of roughly split rails or poles joined in a zigzag pattern with their ends crossing.More example sentences
- The roads are much improved, and snake-rail fences have been replaced with barbed wire.
- A big advantage of the snake fences was that they could be moved but I guess after a while they were considered a waste of space and got converted to straight rail like ours.
- Nowadays, the old cedar snake fences have been replaced on most working farms by electric fences, or various kinds of wire.
More definitions of snake fenceDefinition of snake fence in:
- The US English dictionary