- 1A pit containing poisonous snakes.More example sentences
- It is simply inevitable that in a snake pit with that many snakes one of them would be lucky or smart enough to have bitten you despite your resistance.
- 1.1A scene of vicious behaviour or ruthless competition: the literary snake pits of New YorkMore example sentences
- It was, according to observers, a snakepit of feuding and backstabbing.
- Atkinson argues the law would force ‘creative thinkers’ to bite their tongue, and so produce a ‘veneer of tolerance concealing a snakepit of unaired and unchallenged views.’
- However, much debate is expected in the snakepit of EU politics before details of how much exactly will be allocated, and how it will be spent, is finalised.
More definitions of snake pitDefinition of snake pit in:
- The US English dictionary