A maple tree with longitudinal pale stripes on the bark.
- Genus Acer, family Aceraceae: several species, in particular A. davidii (of eastern Asia) and the moosewood
More example sentences
- The David Maple is widely considered to be the most attractive of the stribebark or snakebark maples.
- A wonderful addition to the Japanese-inspired garden are snakebark maples whose striped green bark looks like garter snakes.
- There are trees with beautiful barks such as snakebark maples and birches, and species that will thrive in containers, hollies, bay laurel and dwarf conifers.
Definition of snakebark maple in:
- The US English dictionary