- another term for darter ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Darters are also known as snakebirds because they swim with only their heads and necks out of the water.
- We have a tree here with a whole lot of cormorant nests and right on the left there halfway up is a darter nest, often called snakebirds, because all you see in the water is their neck sticking out.
- Resplendent toucans flew overhead, proudly displaying the fine colors on their trademark beak and breast, while egrets, herons and snakebirds perched gracefully on giant tree roots, scanning for potential kills beneath the water's surface.
More definitions of snakebirdDefinition of snakebird in:
- The US English dictionary