- 1The bite of a snake, especially a venomous one.More example sentences
- Although exotic snakes account for only a small percentage of venomous snakebites, the prevalence of these bites is increasing as the popularity of keeping exotic snakes as house pets continues to rise.
- Although once popular, surgical intervention with fasciotomy for venomous snakebite is now reserved for selected rare cases and should never be performed prophylactically.
- Each year, 7,000 venomous snakebites are reported in the United States.
- 2British A drink consisting of draught cider and lager in equal proportions.More example sentences
- Everyone in the back had been drinking snakebites for the best part of the evening, and it was half way down the motorway and one of them said ‘I feel a bit sick, you'll have to stop the van’.
- We sat in the beer garden and had a drink, but Ghost and Eloise looked like they'd take AGES to finish their snakebite and blacks, so we - Tamsin, Al Fiendish and I - decided we'd go on to the venue itself and let the others catch up with us.
More definitions of snakebiteDefinition of snakebite in:
- The US English dictionary