- 1Denoting a switch or relay that makes and breaks contact rapidly, whatever the speed of the activating mechanism.More example sentences
- When the gate switches between its two states, it does so abruptly, like a snap-action light switch.
- The snap-action switching element is operated via plungers which act on the outer limbs of the spring.
- With multiple options available for contact configurations, terminals and actuators, you can configure a Cherry miniature snap-action switch to fit nearly any size and electrical requirements.
- 2Denoting a gun whose hinged barrel is secured by a spring catch.More example sentences
- The ejector is operated by the rotation of the joint-check, and allows the shells to be pressed clean home, if preferred. These guns, I understand, will be on the market in a short time, and I believe today no stronger fastening can be made on any snap-action gun.
More definitions of snap-actionDefinition of snap-action in:
- The US English dictionary