- A plant bearing spikes of brightly coloured two-lobed flowers which gape like a mouth when a bee lands on the curved lip.
More example sentences
- Antirrhinum majus, family Scrophulariaceae
- There are a number of cool-season vegetables to plant, along with flowers such as dianthus, petunias, snapdragons and violas.
- Plant several poppies as your tall center flowers, then add colorful snapdragons or blue salvia, candytuft, pansies, and sweet alyssum or Dusty Miller to fill out your container.
- Seed sowing is well under way now, especially for plants like snapdragons and pansies which germinate early and take time to grow to a decent size.
More definitions of snapdragonDefinition of snapdragon in:
- The US English dictionary